Thursday 28 May 2015

Yorkshire Tea - One Million Trees Program

Yorkshire tea is my tea of choice.  I've drunk it for years and when I gave up caffeine 18 months ago I tried many different brands but Yorkshire decaf was the one I settled on, giving the roundest, fullest flavour.

Now there's another reason to love Yorkshire Tea as well as the taste.  They have teamed up with The Woodland Trust (and enlisted the help of The Gruffalo) and committed to plant 1 million trees both here in the UK and in Kenya where they source their tea.

The people at Yorkshire Tea have always had a passion for trees - it's such a key part of what they do - and have already planted 3 million trees over the years and been instrumental in saving large areas of rainforest too.  Now, they pledge to plant 500, 000 trees in the UK with the help of the Woodland Trust's schools network, and 500, 000 trees in Kenya over the next 5 years.  It's part of their big aim to become carbon neutral by 2020.

Image: Yorkshire Tea

100, 000 trees have already been planted at schools across the UK fuelling children's love of the great outdoors.  Tom Blair, Brand Manager at Yorkshire Tea says:

"With the help of The Woodland Trust's school network and the popular Gruffalo brand, we're hoping to encourage the next generation to think about the importance of trees..."

Look out for the special promotional packs of Yorkshire Tree in store now. Specially designed by Axel Scheffler, The Gruffalo replaces the traditional Yorkshire landscape on the new boxes.  Author Julia Donaldson has also penned a special rhyming couplet to support the campaign and features on the reverse of the box.  This is the first new Gruffalo copy Julia has written in over a decade.


Follow the news on the website, play interactive games and print out activity sheets, and keep up to date on social media using #yorkshiretree

Disclosure: We were sent a hamper of tea products and a Gruffalo mug to help spread the word.








32 comments:

  1. Being from Yorkshire, Yorkshire tea is my drink of choice ;) I'll keep an eye out for the new design, my little girl loves the gruffalo!

    Abbie | www.lilymaeadventures.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great scheme to get trees planted. It's about caring for future generations, and they are vital to the health of our planet. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good to see a company that cares right?

      Delete
  3. My dad loves Yorkshire tea, and this initiative sounds just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh iam a fan of a good yorkshire tea , in fact i celebrate my birthday with one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I definitely need more than one a year!

      Delete
  5. The Woodland Trust are so hardworking, aren't they? Great partnership.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow this is such a fantastic cause! well done Yorkshire tea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How brilliant of Yorkshire Tea to be supporting such a vital cause. I'm going to buy some of that tea just to read the new gruffalo couplet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am Yorkshire Tea Decaf girl too. I also loved it when we lived Down South as they had a hard water blend too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh snap! I could make you a cuppa then.

      Delete
  9. If I drank tea, I would usually opt for PG Tips x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Nana always used to say that's the tea the monkeys drink! Hehe

      Delete
  10. I have to admit I do love a cup of Yorkshire Tea, however I admit to being such a teafiend I'll drink whatever is put in front me often lol. I love this programme from them, so good of them to be doing such a thing. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really great to see them taking on this pledge I agree.

      Delete
  11. Good on Yorkshire tea for planting the trees, what a geat initiative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant! It so great hearing companies doing their bit for environment and saving the trees.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, so good when companies do good.

      Delete
  13. I love Yorkshire tea, this sounds like a great campaign xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another Yorkshire Tea fan - *high fives*

      Delete
  14. I adore Yorkshire tea (don't tell Dorset Tea though, they will think I am cheating on them)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like Yorkshire tea too! I'ts stronger than some brands isn't it?! Great initiative to be planting trees - and I've still yet to go on the Gruffalo trail!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea, it's lolly to see companies put something back

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not a tea fan but I do love the Gruffalo! It's great that they're planting trees :)

    ReplyDelete